This talk is about what changes in Free, Libre and Open Source Culture (referring to Open Source from now on) we need to be even able to build a future for Open Source. It covers:
- Culture in general
- The status of Open Source today (technology-, business-, value-wise)
- The Hybridism in Open Source / Open Source Software as the materialization of communications in the project
- The role & relevance of the community
- Diversity (in Gender, Sexual Orientation, Skills, Ethnicities)
- Software-building as an act of representation
- User-centered design
- Democracy & Decentralization
- Relevance of helping people speak out
- Power Structurs in OS Communities; Cliques, Elites, Bro Culture
- Meritocracy, the issues behind "earning merit"
This talk was given at wonderful Codefront 2014 (codefront.io).