Upgrade to Pro — share decks privately, control downloads, hide ads and more …

UTokyo ISSR Orientation for New Int'l Students_ENG

UTokyo ISSR Orientation for New Int'l Students_ENG



April 14, 2021


  1. April 2021 Orientation for New International Students 1 International Student

    Support Room 東京大学 留学生支援室 ENG
  2. 2 1. Where to find information 2. On-Campus/Online Resources for

    Students 3. School Rules and Regulation 4. Life in Japan -Visa/Immigration Regulation -NHI/Tax -Health, Safety and Budgeting, Support for your family 5. Networking
  3. 1 Where to Find Information 3

  4. 4 The information from University may be posted on -The

    University Website -The webpage of your department/graduate school -UTAS →Very important notification will be sent to your registered email account directly. Check the information on UTAS regularly. ★Please ensure that you keep your personal information (email address/address) registered on UTAS accurate and up-to-date. 1. Where to find information
  5. 5 1) https://www.u-tokyo.ac.jp/en/index.html 2) https://www.u-tokyo.ac.jp/covid-19/en/students/index.html University Website Top-page COVID-19 measures

    and information on UTokyo website
  6. 6 Please also bookmark Website for International Students https://www.u-tokyo.ac.jp/adm/inbound/en/index.html https://www.u-tokyo.ac.jp/adm/inbound/en/support-mm.html

    Register Email news for International Students
  7. International Student Handbook https://www.u-tokyo.ac.jp/en/about/international_handbook.html 7

  8. 2 On-Campus/Online Resources for Students 8

  9. 学生相談所 保健センター精神科 (Health service center) 留学生支援室 (ISSR) Go Global Center

    Support Desk それぞれの窓口は直接利用することもできます You can contact each offices. ハラスメント相談所 Student Counseling Center Harassment Counseling Center Office for Mental Health Support Referral to appropriate services キャリアサポート室 Career Support 学部・研究科国際交流室等 Graduate school Office/staff in charge of International Student *Find the available services on campus https://dcs.adm.u-tokyo.ac.jp/en/
  10. Student Services on Hongo Campus 1 2 Go Global Center

    ISSR Support Desk 留学生支援室 サポートデスク Student Counseling Center 学生相談所 (in Japanese) Harassment Counseling Center ハラスメント相談所 Student Support Center Career Support Office, Disability Office, Gotenshita Gym 学生支援センター 3 University Hospital Area病院 4 Admin. Bldg.#2 International Student Support Room 留学生支援室(3F) Health Service Center 保健センター(2F) 10 Please check the website of each service for updated information
  11. Health Service Center 2F, Admin bldg. 2 保健センター Internal medicine,

    otolaryngology (ear, nose, and throat), dentistry*, psychiatry* 内科・耳鼻科・歯科*・精神科* *Appointment necessary for dentistry and psychiatry. Check the information on the website. http://www.hc.u-tokyo.ac.jp/en/ -Regular health check-up (once a year) -Bring your student ID Card(NHI card is not necessary) -Reasonable treatment cost -Referral to a medical institution outside of the university, when necessary -Doctors have experience with international students 2 11 In case you have a fever, make a phone call and ask for guidance at 03-5841-2573
  12. Counseling /Consultation Services International Student Support Room 留学生支援室 (ISSR) Room

    333 3F, Admin bldg. #2/ English, Japanese (Mon-Fri) /Chinese (Mon, Wed, Thu) -Currently, we provide personal counseling via Zoom. *Please check our availability of the in-person counseling. Career concern, Job hunting in Japan, Psychological issues, Cross-cultural adjustment issues, Academic issues, Time management skills, Relationship issues, Troubles 就职、寻找工作、心理咨询、适应异文化、学业问题、时间管理、人际关系问题、校园内的纠纷 *How to make an appointment https://business.form-mailer.jp/fms/718b132b82974 2 12
  13. 13 Go Global Center Support Desk Currently (physical) Support Desk

    is closed. Support Desk is available online (ZOOM /Email) Online Support Desk Zoom link is available from https://www.u-tokyo.ac.jp/adm/inbound/en/support-issr_soudan.html (Access with your ECCS Cloud Mail account. Access (updated from time to time/closed when updating/Access permission cannot be given to non-UTokyo Cloud Mail holders.) 1 International Student Support Room(ISSR) About us : https://www.u-tokyo.ac.jp/adm/inbound/en/support-issr.html WE ARE on ONLINE 14:00-17:00 NO RESERVATION
  14. 14 Other in-person services at Go Global Center -Visa consulting

    service In-person service(Mon/Wed) at Go Global Center Student Plaza is now closed. Services available online. https://www.u-tokyo.ac.jp/adm/inbound/en/life-visa-vc.html -University Guarantor System https://www.u-tokyo.ac.jp/adm/inbound/en/life-housing-g.html Counter service is temporarily closed. Inquires to International support Group guarantor.adm@gs.mail.u-tokyo.ac.jp Please also check UTokyo web for International Students https://www.u-tokyo.ac.jp/adm/inbound/en/index.html If you are KOMABA Campus Students, check this page https://www.globalkomaba.c.u-tokyo.ac.jp/
  15. Other counseling resources on campus 15 Counseling in English for

    Komaba I&II students Contact <counseling.iekomaba.adm@gs.mail.u-tokyo.ac.jp > for an appointment Student Counseling Center 学生相談所 (Hongo/Kashiwa Campus) Provides counseling service for all students (in Japanese) http://dcs.adm.u-tokyo.ac.jp/scc/
  16. Disability Services Office Support and accommodations are provided based on

    the needs and conditions of each students with disability See more details: http://ds.adm.u-tokyo.ac.jp/en/faq.html Harassment Counseling Center Sexual harassment, or any kinds of harassment on campus(English/Japanese): http://har.u-tokyo.ac.jp/en/ 16
  17. 17 How can Student Support Services be useful for students?

    -Talking to someone generally helps to release stress. -Guidance and information may help you find alternative ways to deal with your concerns. -It also helps you to recover smoothly and maintain your health condition. -Learning stress management skills will help you to cope with your stress more effectively. How can students know when they should get some support from professional? Stress reaction can take many different forms. For example, sleep too much or cannot sleep, changes in diet, and eating too much or too less, having trouble concentrating, feeling down or high, wanting to cry or feeling numb, easily annoyed and angry, or feeling less confidence and useless. Some of you may think that professional support is last resort. Do not hesitate to contact us when you do not feel well. Do students need to provide their personal information to use services? Some services ask you to provide your personal information. Your information will be protected and will not be disclosed to anyone without your consent. If you have concerns, ask the staff about their confidential policy. We are happy to answer your question so that you feel more comfortable using our services.
  18. • Personal consultation (Career Support Office / ISSR) • ISSR

    collaboratively works with Career Support Office and holds career seminars for international students. • Support may be available at your department (such as support from alumni, University recommended recruitment system, etc.) You can also receive the useful information via Career support for international students 18 ISSR newsletter for International Students You can receive the news about career support information https://www.u-tokyo.ac.jp/adm/inbound/en/support-mm.html ISSR Consultation https://business.form-mailer.jp/fms/718b132b82974 Career Support Office https://www.careersupport.adm.u-tokyo.ac.jp/ Please also check JASSO Job Hunting Guide for International students https://www.jasso.go.jp/en/study_j/job/guide.html
  19. Gymnasium Gotenshita Memorial Arena 400yen/1 day 9,000yen/Annual pass *Purchase at

    Athletic Foundation Office, 2F Student Support Center Gotenshita 3 19 Find more information http://www.undou-kai.com/goten/index_e.html
  20. Student Support Center Offices for Student activities (2F) *Register student

    organization *Purchase pass for Gotenshita Gym at University Athletic foundation office http://www.undou-kai.com/ *Booking for student activity spaces Scholarship and Welfare Group (1F) *Applying for Tuition Exemption Disability Support Center B1F(Mall floor) Career Support Office https://www.careersupport.adm.u-tokyo.ac.jp/ 3 20 2F Athletic foundation office
  21. Co-op Shops & Cafeterias 1F Bookstore (10% discount for member)

    2F Daini Dining Hall (lunch)/Co-op office Including Vegetarian/Halal meals 3F Activity Space *Friday prayer space for Muslim students Co-op store No.2 Co-op store No.1 Chuo Dining Hall Including Vegetarian /Halal meals Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner *opening hours may vary 21 Please check the opening hours of the Co-op shops http://www.utcoop.or.jp/shop/time.html
  22. 22 Co-op Join Co-op at Co-op office 24,000 yen deposit

    (will be refunded when you graduate.) Member benefits •Discount at Co-op bookstore, cafeteria and dining hall •Discount on CD/DVDs at Co-op bookstores.(back-order) •TUO card application (Co-op credit card - VISA). For more details: http://www.utcoop.or.jp/foreign/ (*Please check the office hour before you visit the office to apply for the membership)
  23. 23 Renting private apartment -University has “Apartment Guarantor System” for

    international students. https://www.u-tokyo.ac.jp/adm/inbound/en/life-housing-g.html Counter service is temporarily closed. Apply online and send documents by postal mail. Inquires to International support Group guarantor.adm@gs.mail.u-Tokyo.ac.jp -Apartment information is available from Housing office website https://www.u-tokyo.ac.jp/adm/housing-office/en/housing/minkan/index.html Basic Information about renting the apartment in Tokyo area -Initial cost is between 4 and 6 times of the monthly rent (agent fee, key money, deposit, rent for the first month, plus moving fee.) -Apartment (single room) in Bunkyo-ku area- 65,000-75,000 yen/month. -Usually, contract is for 2 years/ extend with extension fee. -Notice is required 1 or 2 months before the moving out. Please also check necessary procedures when you are moving https://www.u-tokyo.ac.jp/adm/inbound/en/life-housing-moving.html
  24. 24 UTokyo Internet Services Your UTokyo Account UTokyo Account, UTokyo

    Wifi, ECCS Cloud Mail (Email address) https://www.u-tokyo.ac.jp/ja/administration/dics/service/account.html Please also check Preparing for online classes for new and currently enrolled students https://utelecon.github.io/en/
  25. 3 School Rules and Regulation 25

  26. 26 Rules and regulations on Campus School rules/regulation https://www.u-tokyo.ac.jp/en/about/rules_main.html Questions

    regarding School Procedures Such as • Can I take a leave of absence? • What will happen if I fail to pay my tuition fee on time? • What will happen if I cannot complete enough credit? • Do I need to inform my absence when I plan to go abroad/ return to my home country for holiday? • Do I need to inform my address when I move to new apartment? ⇒Faculty/graduate school office Due to COVID-19, special rules may be implemented to support students. Please discuss with your graduate school when you have concerns with school procedures.
  27. 27 Information ethics and computer use Guidelines for Information Ethics

    and Computer Use https://www.u-tokyo.ac.jp/adm/cie/ja/index_00003.html Academic manners /Research ethics Please follow instruction provided by your school/graduate school. Harassment Prevention Policy on campus http://har.u-tokyo.ac.jp/en/reference_data/
  28. 28 Keeping yourself out of troubles https://www.u-tokyo.ac.jp/adm/inbound/en/life-safety-info.html There are some

    cases where international students may find themselves in trouble due to not knowing the laws and rules in Japan. It is best to learn the rules and to protect yourself from getting into situations where you may be in trouble. Prevention of alcohol related accidents Drinking while under the age of 20 and encouraging those under 20 to drink is strictly prohibited by law. Drug Abuse Prevention Use or possession of illegal drugs is strictly prohibited by law. Ethics for dealings of information and Social Network Services (SNS) You must comply with information ethics stipulated by UTokyo not only on campus, but in your daily life as well. Part-time Job For details, please see https://www.u-tokyo.ac.jp/adm/inbound/en/life-daily-pj.html Apartment/Housing Rules Please find Chapter 4 ”Rules and precautions” in Guidebook "Basic Knowledge of House Hunting” https://www.u-tokyo.ac.jp/adm/housing-office/en/housing/minkan/index.html
  29. 4. Life in Japan Visa/Immigration Regulation, Tax, Health Insurance, Safety,

    Budgeting, Support for your family members 29
  30. Visa/Immigration Regulation 30 Please carefully read the visa/immigration rules in

    Japan. You are responsible to learn and follow the rules that apply to you. Visa Information https://www.u-tokyo.ac.jp/adm/inbound/en/life-visa.html Visa Consultation on Campus https://www.u-tokyo.ac.jp/adm/inbound/en/life-visa-vc.html Notice: Due to the Novel Coronavirus, special condition may be applied to your visa /immigration procedure. Please carefully check the related information. ISSR lists the important information for international students. https://www.u-tokyo.ac.jp/adm/inbound/en/index.html
  31. 31 • Register at city/ward office within 14 days after

    moving into the new place. • Keep Residence card number in case of reissuing the card • Any changes with your status need to be reported within 14 days (change of address→city/ward office, change of visa status, name →Immigration Bureau) • You must carry your residence card always with you(passport cannot substitute resident card) • College student residential status is only valid while you are student (NOT until the date shown on the card) *Please also check ”Part time job ” Residence Card
  32. 32 Individual Number Notices Individual Number Notices will be delivered

    via registered mail 2-3 weeks after the residence registry at a city/ward office. Individual Number (Social security and tax number) In case that you are absent when delivery is attempted, a notice will be left by the postal service. Arrange the re-delivery within the storage period. https://www.kojinbango-card.go.jp/en-tsuchicard/
  33. 33 “Individual Number Card” -You can apply for your “Individual

    Number Card.” *Plastic card. *The Card is called “My Number Card” in Japanese. ▪How to Apply: https://www.kojinbango-card.go.jp/en/ *When you move in/out, you must report the change of address. (Your individual number will not be changed.) ▪Administrative procedures that require your Individual Number: ・Notify your part-time employer to receive your salary ・Various administrative procedures at a city/ward office ・Fill out the paperwork for tax filing…etc. ▪Documents to prove your Individual Number: ・Individual Number Card (plastic card) ・Resident Certificate (住民票/Ju-min-hyo) with your Individual Number on it (a certificate issued by the city/ward office where you live)
  34. National Health Insurance (NHI) 70% covered by NHI 30% You

    will pay National Health insurance premium changes based on your earning in the previous year(Jan-Dec) *1,500-2,000 per month, if you are student without income. *If you fail to finalize your income status in the previous year, you may be charged to pay more. Please check the slips that you receive at the end of June each year from NHI office and make sure the premium stays the same. 34
  35. 35 NHI(National Health Insurance) and TAX procedure Scholarship is NOT

    considered as income. Some fellowship grant is considered as income. With income Income Tax refund -At Regional Tax office / Feb 16-March 15 -Tax withholding slip (receive in Dec.) from employer is required. *Check if your country has tax treaty with Japan https://www.nta.go.jp/taxes/shiraberu/zeimokubetsu/sozei/sozei.htm Without income If you have no income, submit “Regional tax report form (to declare you had no income in the previous year)” in Feb/March to city/ward office to claim your income status. If you fail to take this procedure, your national health insurance premium may increase. Notice will be sent to you from the ward/city office in June/July to inform insurance premium of the coming year. Make sure the premium stays the same, if your income status has not been changed.
  36. 36 1st step Clinic, University Health Service Center http://www.hc.u-tokyo.ac.jp/en/ 2nd

    step Large medical institution such as the University of Tokyo Hospital Referral Letter Referral letter is required to visit a large medical institution. *Visiting directly to the large hospital is not necessary except for emergency. It will be charged extra fee in addition to the regular medical expenses. Medical Services in Japan
  37. 37 -Tokyo Metropolitan Health and Medical Information Center (Himawari) http://www.himawari.metro.tokyo.jp/qq13/qqport/tomintop/

    -Hospital Information in Japan (for international travelers) You can find suitable hospitals filtering by area, language of use and medical department. (English) https://www.jnto.go.jp/emergency/eng/mi_guide.html (Japanese) https://www.jnto.go.jp/emergency/jpn/mi_guide.html -Inbound Medical Assistance Service for International Students (IMAS) UTokyo International students can join for free of charge. Registration is required. https://www.u-tokyo.ac.jp/en/current-students/imas.html Emergency 24/7, 365 days-a-year Medical Assistance (Japanese/English/Chinese) for International Students. Finding a doctor
  38. 38 Where to contact when you feel concerned about COVID-19

    If you feel concerned about COVID-19, please contact the centers below by phone. -Tokyo Novel Coronavirus Call Center 9:00-22:00 (everyday) Tel: 0570-550571 (English, Chinese, Korean and Japanese) https://stopcovid19.metro.tokyo.lg.jp/en/ -TOCOS (Tokyo Coronavirus Support Center for Foreign Residents) https://www.seikatubunka.metro.tokyo.lg.jp/chiiki_tabunka/tabunka/tabunkasuishin/0000001452.html -AMDA International Medical Information Center (Multilingual Consultation Service) https://www.amdamedicalcenter.com/ -Tokyo Metropolitan Health and Medical Information Center (English, Chinese, Korean, Thai, Spanish) https://www.fukushihoken.metro.tokyo.lg.jp/iryo/sodan/komatta/gaikokugo.html -IMAS (Medical Consultation Service for UTokyo International Students for free): Registration necessary to use the medical assistance service (24/7) https://www.u-tokyo.ac.jp/en/current-students/imas.html
  39. 39 Insurance Accident Insurance for Students pursuing Education and Research

    (GAKKENSAI) All UTokyo students are covered by this insurance. This covers accident during school activity, including the accident while you are commuting to campus. Damage you caused WILL NOT be covered by this insurance. Comprehensive Renter’s Insurance for Foreign Students (留学生住宅総合補償) For students who use University guarantor system to rent a room. Damage you caused may be covered by this insurance. (Conditions may apply.) Gakkensai Futai Gakuso for Inbound students (留学生向け学研災付帯学生生活総合保険) Inclusive insurance which also covers accident not related to school activity. *Strongly recommended to buy this insurance! Contact your graduate school or ISSR for more information. Ref. https://www.u-tokyo.ac.jp/content/400046584.pdf https://www.u-tokyo.ac.jp/ja/students/info-services/h06_04.html *Insurance for the visitors If your family members are planning to visit you, make sure they buy oversea travel insurance before departure! https://www.u-tokyo.ac.jp/adm/inbound/en/life-safety-ime.html
  40. 40 Bicycle Register your bicycle Step1: Register Anti-Crime Prevention at

    the bicycle shop Fee: 660 yen (Tokyo. Chiba/Kanagawa 600 yen) Step2: Parking on Hongo Campus Apply online and purchase a parking sticker at Co-op store Details: https://www.u-tokyo.ac.jp/ja/students/campus-life/h13_05.html Make sure of the traffic rules * Left side/No umbrella/No cellphone/No headset *Parking spaces for bicycles are restricted around subway/railway stations or most public areas. Buy insurance Regarding the bicycle liability insurances Under the Tokyo Metropolitan Government ordinance, all cyclists in Tokyo must be covered by liability insurance. If you have not bought any liability insurance, please enroll in the insurance as soon as possible. https://www.u-tokyo.ac.jp/adm/inbound/en/life-safety-ime.html
  41. 41 (sample) 譲渡 証 明 書 TRANSFERENCE OF OWNERSHIP (被譲渡者)NEW

    OWNER 氏名 NAME 住所 ADDRESS (THE DATE OF TRANSFER THE OWNERSHIP) 私は、 年 月 日に上記の者に下記自転車を譲渡しまし た。 I transferred the ownership of my bicycle to the person mentioned above. 製造会社名 MANUFACTURER 型・色 TYPE & COLOR (譲渡者)PREVIOUS OWNER 氏名 NAME 住所 ADDRESS 電話番号 TEL. If you get a second-hand bicycle from your friend, re-register anti- crime prevention with a letter of transference of ownership. http://www.bouhan- net.com/information/present.html Sample document (in Japanese)
  42. 42 • Call 110 (Police) for record • Call 119

    for ambulance or see a doctor for medical examination • Exchange contact information(name, address, telephone number, insurance company) • Inform your accident to your graduate/department office and receive further support • If you are driving a car with your international driver’s license, make sure that it is valid in Japan Details : https://www.u-tokyo.ac.jp/adm/inbound/en/life-safety-info.html In case of traffic accident
  43. 43 Crisis intervention support for sexual assault and STD (Sexually

    Transmitted Diseases) Contact on-campus student support services. You can also utilize off-campus support resources. Off campus resources Sexual Assault Relief Center (SARC TOKYO) 03-5607-0799 (24 hours) http://sarc-tokyo.org (in Japanese) https://sarc-tokyo.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/SARC-in-English.pdf (in English) *Available support: Telephone/interview consultation/Reference and accompaniment to hospital /Accompaniment to police STD Free Testing (with multilingual support ) http://www.foreign.city.shinjuku.lg.jp/en/kenko/kenko_10/ http://pc.tokyo-kensa.jp/index.html Also check: https://www.hivkensa.com/language/
  44. ▪Disaster Preparedness Tokyo Handbook 防灾手册 http://www.metro.tokyo.jp/english/guide/bosai/index.html Bunkyo-ku(Hongo campus) http://bousaiweb.city.bunkyo.lg.jp/news/other/documents/bous aikeihatupanhu.pdf

    Meguro-ku(Komaba-campus) https://www.city.meguro.tokyo.jp/kurashi/anzen/bosai/map/bou saimap.files/e02_text.pdf ←English 中文 → Prepared for Earthquakes and other natural disaster
  45. •Evacuation center (Public elementary and junior/high schools) Facilities with emergency

    supplies such as food and blankets where you can stay for a while. •Evacuation area A large area to find temporary protection from fires, etc. Evacuation Center 避難所 ひなんじょ Make sure to turn off a breaker when leaving your apartment to evacuate.
  46. 46 ▪東京大学留学生支援ウェブサイト 防災情報 UTokyo Website for International Students Disaster Prevention

    https://www.u-tokyo.ac.jp/adm/inbound/en/life-safety-dp.html Earthquake prevention on Campus” slide is available http://kankyoanzen.adm.u-tokyo.ac.jp/data/prevention_slides.html (Japanese, English and Chinese version) UTokyo will provide information during times of disaster. Web https://www.u-tokyo.ac.jp/ja/index.html (Japanese) Facebook https://www.facebook.com/UTokyo.emerg/ (English/Japanese) Twitter https://twitter.com/UTokyo_emerg/ (English/Japanese) 46
  47. To obtain multilingual information in emergency Multi-lingual information NHK WORLD-JAPAN,

    Safety Tips(Japan Tourism Agency), YurekuruCall, @JapanSafeTravel (Twitter) Tokyo Metropolitan Disaster Reduction Map You can search for the temporary stay facility, shelters, evacuation areas, etc. https://map.bousai.metro.tokyo.lg.jp/pc/ (Japanese, English, Chinese, Korean) JR-EAST Train Info Delay information, route search, route map, etc. http://www.jreast-app.jp/en/ Available in English, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Korean
  48. Essential Stockpile Items/Emergency bag Essential Stockpile Items: Food and drinking

    water enough for three days. 3 liters of drinking water per person per day 一个人一天建议量为 3,000c.c 的饮用水 Daily necessities for you and your family members Emergency bag: Select the minimum essentials necessary for the time being after you evacuate. See p86-91 for what to stockpile and what to put in the emergency bag https://www.bousai.metro.tokyo.lg.jp/book/pdf/en/02_Lets_Get_Prepared.pdf
  49. Scholarship and other financial aid See more information regarding financial

    aid https://www.u-tokyo.ac.jp/adm/inbound/en/finance.html Tuition Exemptions https://www.u-tokyo.ac.jp/en/prospective-students/tuition_fees.html University Recommendation The university recommends the candidates selected through internal screening processes. Please contact your faculty /graduate school office if you would like to be candidate. Direct Application Students can apply directly to the foundations by themselves. List : https://www.u-tokyo.ac.jp/en/prospective-students/privateorg.html Scholarships for International Students offered by Private Organizations 49
  50. Budgeting Average of Monthly Payment of UTokyo Students (UTokyo international

    students survey, as of 2014) All (N=584) Single student Living with family Total expenses (except school fee) ¥133,500 ($111) ¥124,100 ($103) ¥193,300 ($1,610) Food ¥43,300 ($360) ¥40,300 ($335) ¥62,500 ($520) Rent (Private apt) ¥61,400 ($511) ¥58,800 ($490) ¥74,750 ($622) Utility ¥11,200 ($93) ¥10,000 ($83) ¥18,400 ($153) Transportation ¥7,600 ($63) ¥6,600 ($55) ¥14,400 ($120) 50
  51. 51 Part-Time Job Obtain a permission to engage in part

    time job (at Immigration bureau if you have not gotten one at the airport when you first entry to Japan) 28 hours/week (8 hours/day, during long holiday) Minimum wage per hour in Tokyo 1,013yen (as of Mar. 2021) NOTE -You are not able to engage in a part-time job after you graduate from university, even though your college student visa and the permission (to do a part-time job) is not expired. -Some scholarship/grant may not allow you to engage in part time job -Make sure of your working conditions https://www.u-tokyo.ac.jp/adm/inbound/en/life-daily-pj.html
  52. 52 Information and Support for your family members ・Support available

    for your family member in Japan https://www.u-tokyo.ac.jp/adm/inbound/en/life-daily-fa.html ・University Nursery https://www.u-tokyo.ac.jp/kyodo-sankaku/en/nurseries/index.html Please contact ISSR for more information.
  53. 4 Networking 53 5 Networking

  54. Finding a partner and meeting students on campus ISSR Language

    Exchange Program for UTokyo students Register online and find your partner. Introductory Session and Student Gathering -Date/Time: April 22 (Thu) 18:00-18:40 -Place: Online (on Zoom) More details about the program https://www.u-tokyo.ac.jp/adm/inbound/en/life-interact-ac-le.html International Lounge (by IEEE) Friday Lunchtime https://www.jlcse.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp/en/activities/icyou/ Networking opportunities 54
  55. 55 Conversation Club in Chinese / Go Global Center or

    Online Date: 1st & 3rd Monday 12:10-13:00 2nd & 4th Wednesday 12:10-13:00 https://www.u-tokyo.ac.jp/adm/inbound/en/life-interact-ac-other.html オンライン中国語茶話会は、学内の留学生と日本人学生が交流する場として、留学生支援室が主催 するものです。学生同士で日本語と中国語などの言語を交えて,日常生活や趣味、文化、勉学、就 職などさまざまな話題を繰り広げ、情報交換をすることができます。 在線中文茶話会由留学生支援室組織,旨在為東京大学的留学生和日本人学生提供一個交流的平台。 可以使用中文或日文等,就日常生活、愛好、文化、学業、就職等展開話題、交換信息。 中国語茶話会(汉语聊天室)
  56. International Student Associations https://www.u-tokyo.ac.jp/adm/inbound/en/life-interact-isa.html Student clubs and circles https://www.u-tokyo.ac.jp/adm/inbound/en/life-interact-sc.html On

    Komaba Campus:https://www.a103.net/ori/2021/visitor/newstudent On Hongo Campus :https://www.u-tokyo.ac.jp/ja/students/clubs/h09_01.html University festivals : ・May festival (Hongo campus)https://www.facebook.com/mayfestival.jp ・Komaba festival (End of Nov.) https://www.facebook.com/todaikomabasai Peer support room: Student led support group for UTokyo students You can check activities organized by Peer Supporters! https://ut-psr.net/ Student Clubs and Activities 56
  57. 57 UTokyo Alumni Associations Join the global alumni network !

    Home > Alumni > UTokyo Alumni Association > Alumni Associations
  58. Register now! We send you useful information every other week!

    ISSR Email newsletters for International Students https://www.u-tokyo.ac.jp/adm/inbound/en/support-mm.html 58