Attempting to crowdsource realtime parking data. We built an iOS and a realtime dashboard for car parking in the city of Bath.
Bath City Parking
Attempting to crowdsource realtime parking data
@nickj89 / @reddavis
Parking in Bath is not easy.
We built an iPhone app that helps people
ﬁnd places to park.
The colour of
the top bar is a
of how busy
the car park is,
The state of
the car park
can be easily
to the user.
by tapping the
A realtime companion website was
developed as a component of the
proof of concept.
Getting Reliable Information
• Crowdsourcing car parking information might
not actually work.
• Bring council staff onboard to reliably collect the
• Could lower congestion by directing people
straight to a parking destination.
• Give BANES additional data to improve city
• Communicate to tourists and residents about
trafﬁc affecting issues.
• Take this idea and apply it to residential permits.
• Stop replying on crowdsourcing and add
sensors for realtime data.
• Use historic data to predict busy days for early