Talk was presented at Droidcon NYC 2019.
Why Bazel worth taking a look at and how it can help you scale development of your Android and iOS apps while (mostly) outperforming standard tooling like Gradle and xcodebuild.
In the talk we'll discuss following major topics:
- Multi-module setup vs build system
- Why Gradle is slow and how they're fixing it
- Why Gradle is fast and how they're fixing it
- ABI vs API vs implementation
- Compile avoidance
- Remote caching
- Remote execution
- Build configuration DSL (Groovy/Kotlin vs Starlark)
- IDE support
- CI/CD support