Quality sleep also requires a quality sleeping environment. And if you are one of many people out there that tend to get hot and often experience sweaty nights, you should consider getting a cooling mattress. To find out, you should continue reading this.
The body’s core temperature drops down in the evening during sleep; this is one of the reasons why, during summer, you wake up in the middle of the night sweaty. So, would it be nice to sleep in a cool sleeping environment? Investing in the best cooling mattress can give you a better sleeping experience, especially during summer and even during cool winter.
To find that perfect cooling mattress, here are a few tips to consider when buying one.
Tip #1: Check the material
Cooling mattresses come in different types and styles. The strength and the cooling effects of the mattress depending on its materials and how it is manufactured. Here are a few types of mattresses you may want to check:
• Traditional innerspring mattresses – These types of mattresses can keep you feel cool at night because it is less dense than the foam-based mattresses. Plus, it provides optimal air circulation.
• Latex foam mattresses – It comes in different types: synthetic, natural, and or blended. Most of the latex foam mattresses have better air circulation than memory-foam mattresses; this is because the latex is a breathable material.
• Gel-infused mattresses – The properties of the gel have a better cooling effect, which is why gel-infused mattresses are better than memory foam mattresses. Plus, mattresses like this have better air circulation than other types of mattresses.
• Memory-foam mattresses – Memory foams are polyurethane foam that gives body-conforming capabilities. Although these mattresses aren’t the best when it comes to cooling, it is softer than the other types of mattresses.
• Hybrid mattresses – This type of mattress is a combination of other types of mattresses – latex, gel, and foam. It has cooling properties similar to an innerspring mattress and coolness similar to a gel-infused mattress. So, as an example, Amerisleep’s AS3 Hybrid is something to consider.
Tip #2: Choose according to your sleeping position
Yes; your sleeping position can affect the quality of your sleep. And if you are going to purchase a cooling mattress, you should also look at how you sleep. For instance;
• Back sleepers should choose medium-firm mattresses because it offers great support; plus, it prevents soreness, while it reduces pressure. For this reason, latex or hybrid mattresses are the best options.
• Side sleepers should choose softer mattresses that can help cradle the body. Also, to provide comfort, gel-infused mattresses are the best option.
• Stomach sleepers should also choose medium-firm to firm mattresses because it can support the mid-section.
Tip #3: Check the price
Most of the quality mattresses are a little expensive; this is because of the materials used and its construction that gives the mattress an edge. Fortunately, there are quite a few names of mattresses that are made with quality but are inexpensive; all you need to do is get more details about the mattress before purchasing.
Choosing the right cooling mattresses is a bit overwhelming when there are a lot of options available. But when it comes to investing in the right mattress for you, you need to consider its materials, construction, and how comfortable it will be to sleep in it. Try to read reliable product reviews to get additional advice.
Celia Estrada hasn't published any decks.