Slides for my talk at the GDG IO Extended Ikorodu
AMP as a Web Framework
- Frontend Engineer at MurcuHQ
- Twitter Rascal ( Some random person gave me this name )
- Community Manager, Facebook DevC lagos: React JS Clan.
- Music Addict.
What is AMP?
What Is AMP
AMP(Accelerated Mobile Pages) is an open-source HTML framework that
provides a straightforward way to create web pages that are fast,
smooth-loading and prioritize the user-experience above all else.
Use AMP to build great experiences
across the web
Whether you are a publisher, e-commerce company, storyteller, advertiser or
email sender, AMP makes it easy to create great experiences on the web. Use
AMP to build:
- AMP Websites
- AMP Stories
- AMP Ads
- AMP emails
Why Should you use AMP?
- Mobile is the main focus
- Mobile suffers from slow, cluttered sites but AMP is here to ﬁx this, it
imporves the speed and performance of websites on Mobile.
- User experience on Mobile is Enhanced
Anatomy of an AMP
Features of AMP
How AMPs are
INTEGRATED STRUCTURED DATA
Key Elements of AMPS
❖ Uses standard HTML5
➢ Will render in most browsers
❖ Limited external Dependencies
➢ Inline CSS, Limited Async JS
❖ Integrated Structures Data
WHAT WORKS IN AMP NOW.
● Ads (limited)
● GIF WebP Animations
● Social Sharing
● Basic Forms
● Basic Paywalls
● Live Updates
● A/B Testing
IMPLEMENTING AN AMP
● Wordpress Sites
○ AMP & PageFrog Plugins
● Other Platforms:
○ Manual Effort ( Visit : (https://amp.dev) to get started)
○ Forthcoming Plugins/Extensions
TOOLS AND RESOURCES FOR LEARNING
AND BULIDING AMPS
● AMP Oﬃcial Documentation
● AMP Validator
● AMP Validator Plugin/Extension
“Later this year, all types of sites that create AMP pages
will have expanded exposure across the entire Google
Mobile Search results page, like e-commerce,
entertainment, travel, recipe sites and many more.”
References and Further Reading.
Follow me on