DDD is one of the most effective ways to address business problems, but it can be overwhelming to get started with. Even armed with the theory, beginning the journey is mysterious and finding answers to specific implementation details can be tough and scary.
In this talk we'll demystify the terminology and work out the most important aspects of DDD you'll need to get you going.
Then, by exploring and implementing a sample business domain, we'll discover such things as:
- How DDD entities differ from Doctrine entities
- What an aggregate root actually is
- How to organise your code
- How to define a bounded context
- How a domain service differs from an application service
Finally, we'll wire it all together with Symfony 5. So if you've been wanting to get started with DDD for a while but never knew how or where to start then this talk is for you.