Containers are quickly gaining popularity as the preferred tool for deploying and running services. While being easier to deploy and isolate, containerized applications are creating new challenges for the logging and monitoring systems.
This talk will look into the details about how the Elastic Stack, and in particular Beats — lightweight shippers — are gathering data from containers.
The session shows our way to:
* fetch logs from containers
* collect different measurements from cgroups
* collect metrics using the Docker API
* enhance the data with the metadata of the containers
* monitor the network traffic exchanged between containers
* collect metrics from the underlying host