You know that just having a resume or putting in good work during work hours isn’t enough to get ahead these days. You also know you need to work on your own development projects to showcase your skills, but maybe you’re not sure where to start. This talk will give you bite-size steps that you can take to start and finish your own development portfolio projects within a week with completely serverless technologies. Specifically, you’ll learn:
- How to set up your development environment to use the Serverless Framework and AWS
- How to find starter templates, example projects, and free tutorials for serverless projects
- How to come up with an idea for a personal development project
- How to actually build your project
- How and where to show off your new project
By the end of this talk, you should feel capable of creating a serverless development portfolio that showcases your abilities as a developer and allows you to continue to grow your portfolio and your skillset.