This is my presentation from F8 Meetup Malang on 19 April 2017. https://f8meetupmalang2017.splashthat.com/
Rapid Mobile Development
with React Native
19th April 2017
Founder and CTO - KodeFox, Inc.
What is React Native
Lets’ start with:
Enables you to build high quality
native iOS and Android applications
easily and quickly.
React Native is free and
It was built at Facebook.
Using React Native + Expo you can build for
iOS and Android without ever opening
Android Studio or Xcode and you don’t even
need a Mac.
•High performance compared with other cross-
•Exceptional developer experience compared with
•Easy to get started
React Web vs React Native
Expo is essentially a set of tools around React Native.
• Extended access to native features (e.g. push
• Easily Building and Running on Devices
1) Start a project using create-react-native-app
2) Open your favorite editor and hack on some code.
3) Run on your device: npm start
This is where the Magic happens.
We can run a native app effortlessly.
(as easy as loading a webpage)
Let’s try it now…
This approach gives us:
Everything React Native provides, PLUS:
• Simple Push Notifications
• QR code reader
• Map View
• Camera / Image Picker
• Location services
• Social Login
• Easily publish on the Expo platform
• Build a standalone app for submitting to the App/Play Store
• Detach and then use Xcode or Android Studio
When to use React Native
• When you want a great developer experience.
• When you want high performance cross-platform.
• Easy to get started
• Rapid Prototyping
• Over the air updates (Code Push)
• Easily send clients a demo of your app during development.
• Cross platform
• … much more
Thanks for Listening!
Special Thanks to: