"Every outage is like a murder mystery" is a common complaint. But it doesn't have to be!
This talk gives an overview on how to monitor PHP applications from all possible sides. We dive into:
* System metrics: Keep track of network traffic and system load.
* Application metrics: Gather metrics from nginx or Apache, php-fpm, and MySQL.
* Application logs: Collect logs in a structured format or parse them to extract all the relevant information.
* Uptime monitoring: Ping services and actively monitor their availability and response time.
* Tracing: Follow calls through your application and visualize them.
And we will do all of that live since it is so easy and much more interactive that way.
Monitor Your PHP Applications
with Logs, Metrics, Pings & Traces
Infrastructure | Developer
I build highly monitored Hello World
How do you log and monitor?
Filebeat: Log + JSON
* X-Pack and part of the Elastic Cloud
Anomaly Detection of Time Series Data
GA: Node.js, React, Python
Beta: Ruby, Go, Java