This is part of a full day Serverless training I hosted for Microsoft Turkey in Istanbul talking about Azure Event Grid and Event Hub in the context of building Serverless applications with Azure Functions.
Azure Functions Eventing +
Eventing you said?
• Service Bus: Async Enterprise Messaging
• Azure Event Hubs: Distributed Data Streaming
• Relay: Secure two way communication without changes to
• Event Grid: Cross cloud reactive eventing
Azure Event Grid
All events in one place!
What’s in it?
• Pay per event.
• Sub-second end-to-end latency in the 99th percentile
• 10.000.000 events per second per region
• 24 hour retry with exponential back off
Concepts before we go deep.
1. Events: what happened
2. Event Publishers: where it took place
3. Topics: where publishers send events
4. Event Subscriptions: how you receive
5. Event Handlers: the app or service
reacting to the event
Azure Functions Eventing to the outside world.
What about Event Hubs?
• Event Hub is an “event ingestor” that accepts and stores event
data, Azure Event Grid is the distribution fabric for discrete
“business logic activity” events.
• Fast and highly parallelized processing of the individual
streams instead of a filtered subscriber model.
Ingesting events from Azure Event Hubs
Links worth sharing
Event Grid Extension for Azure Functions
Choosing the right Azure messaging service for your data
http://daron.me | @daronyondem
Download slides here;