Rivaroxaban (Xarelto) is an expensive medication used in the lungs or arteries to prevent blood clots. It is also used to prevent blood clots after knee or hip surgery. It is used in patients with a medical condition called atrial fibrillation to reduce the chance of stroke.
Pros and Cons of Xarelto
Pros of Xarelto are:
• Studies show that Xarelto (rivaroxaban) works just as well as other blood thinners for preventing strokes and blood clots.
• It doesn’t require regular blood tests or frequent dose changes.
• Have fewer drug and food interactions than other blood thinners like Coumadin (warfarin).
Cons of Xarelto are
• No generic available, so it can be expensive.
• Not safe for pregnant women
Xarelto (rivaroxaban) is a factor Xa inhibitor anticoagulant that stops blood clots from forming so you're less likely to have a stroke or heart attack. Xarelto is used for Coronary artery disease, peripheral artery disease, stroke prevention in atrial fibrillation, treatment, and prevention of deep vein thrombosis (DVT). The side effects of Xarelto are stomach pain and back pain with a rate of 3%. You can get Xarelto from a legitimate Canadian pharmacy at a lower cost compared to US local pharmacies.
NOTE: This sheet is a summary. It may not cover all possible information. If you have questions about this medicine, talk to your doctor, pharmacist, or health care provider.
DISCLAIMER: This content is provided for informational purposes only. The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Patients should always consult their physicians with any questions regarding a medical condition and to obtain medical advice and treatment.