A short talk on writing a liberal arts paper from the view of a geek
HOW TO GET STARTED, AND WHAT YOU NEED TO GET GOING
by Laurence Putra
WHAT THIS TALK IS NOT
A step by step guide to write a paper
Nor is it about what I did to write my paper
you would need to do to get started with writing your own paper
and how to choose what you will be writing about
1. knows what they are passionate about?
2. knows what they have no idea about?
3. wants to learn something new from this class?
WHAT THIS PAPER IS?
IT IS A CHANCE...
1. for you to go find out more about what you are passionate about
2. for you to step out of your comfort zone to do stuff you have never
3. for you to train your writing skills
4. for you to open your minds up to new thoughts
5. for you to learn stuff you never knew before
HOW TO START?
CHOOSE SOMETHING YOU ARE REALLY INTERESTED
SOMETHING YOU REALLY WANT TO LEARN ABOUT
DON'T be afraid of failure
3K WORDS ARE HARD TO HIT.
BUT ONCE YOU EXCEED IT, IT'S REALLY HARD TO GO BACK DOWN
LINKS IN WIKIPEDIA PAGES
MY PAPER CAN BE FOUND OVER AT