Approaching a new language can be scary and time consuming. The author has been a C++ programmer for quite some time and has tried to give Rust a chance many times over the years with not much success. But this has changed. In this talk we will:
- Go over the basics of Rust (enough for the talk to make sense).
- Talk about different learning strategies and the strengths and flaws they have.
- How the wrong way to learn for one person can be perfect for another.
- How being a C++ programmer can both help and hinder you.
- Cover common mistakes of new programmers.
- And hopefully inspire you to learn in different and "wrong" ways.