Video and notes: https://novapatch.is/talks/hello-my-name-is/
Our personal identity is core to how we perceive ourselves and wish to be seen. All too often, however, applications, databases, and user interfaces are not designed to fully support the diversity of names expressed both locally and internationally. This talk demonstrates ways to build applications that respect users’ identities instead of limiting them.
◦ Input, validation, storage, and display of personal names
◦ Unicode usernames and solutions to security concerns
◦ Internationalization and localization considerations
The intended audience includes programmers, UX designers, and QA testers. Together we can build inclusive software that supports diverse identities.
◦ 2015-10-28: Internationalization & Unicode Conference 39 (IUC39), Santa Clara, CA
◦ 2015-07-23: OSCON 2015, Portland, OR
◦ 2015-06-23: Open Source Bridge 2015, Portland, OR
◦ 2015-06-10: YAPC::NA 2015, Salt Lake City, UT