Punctuation is commonly just a bullet point in internationalization materials, if mentioned at all. This session explores the depths of global punctuation and how to support dynamically localized punctuation throughout your products to provide a first-class user experience in all locales.
• A world tour of punctuation!
• To localize, or not to localize?
• A matter of style… guides
• Punctuation inside (and outside) translations
• Leveraging the Unicode CLDR
• Beyond the CLDR: opportunities for standardization
• Review of available software libraries
• 2018-09-12: Internationalization & Unicode Conference 42 (IUC42), Santa Clara, CA