Do you have something to confess? Or are you still in denial — knowing that you're doing something wrong, but you cannot say for sure what it is?
In this talk, we'll go through our Java deployment sins and how to avoid them:
• Lust: Of course I'm using this alpha version and structure our whole deployment process around it!
• Gluttony: I absolutely need this monolithic, 500MB archive file — what do you mean with microservice?
• Greed: I'm not kidding when I'm saying that this app will only work with JBoss AS 6.0.
• Sloth: Continuous Deployment or Delivery — who would need that?!
• Wrath: Graceful error handling, reporting, and monitoring are for the faint of heart!
• Envy: Why would I rely on an external system to do the whole configuration for me, when I can lovingly handcraft it all myself? Artisanal projects FTW!
• Pride: Checking our app's status after the deployment? That's only for people who break stuff.