How can a small team with diverse backgrounds and skills deliver non trivial software solutions?
In this talk, we will follow the life of a developer from onboarding to technical and collaborative proficiency in order to create maximum value and impact.
We will go through the tools and best practices that you can apply to your team and organization.
We will also explore what management can do to provide a minimal but structured way of ensuring that the right work gets done.
- Manager Feedback Questionnaire - https://gist.github.com/benichu/b99a33b2eabf5aecf5c2
- Peopleware by Tom DeMarco - https://www.amazon.ca/Peopleware-Productive-Projects-Tom-DeMarco/dp/0932633439
- Where do These People Get Their (Unoriginal) Ideas? by Joel Spolsky - http://www.joelonsoftware.com/articles/fog0000000068.html
- Valve’s New Employee Handbook - http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1074301/Valve_Handbook_LowRes.pdf
- Hammock Driven Development by Rich Hickey - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f84n5oFoZBc
- Goals are for Losers. Passion is Overrated. by Scott Adams - http://www.slideshare.net/Scottadams925/goals-are-for-losers-passion-is-overrated
- Why Team Happiness can be the Worst Thing to Aim For by Katherine Kirk - https://vimeo.com/143894732