An introduction to reactive programming with project reactor and Spring boot 2.0.
AN INTRODUCTION TO
SPRING BOOT 2.0
WHAT IS SPRING BOOT?
- Framework to build production-ready applications
- Based on Spring framework
- Version 2.0 released this month
WHAT IS NEW IN 2.0?
- Spring 5
- Project Reactor
- Java 9 support
- Kotlin integration
- Data streams
- Back pressure
- When writing new projects
- When moving to Java 9
- When you want to use Spring 5
- When you want to use Kotlin
- When real time or event-driven communication is important
- When processing large, or infinite amounts of data
- When you expect that there will be a large amount of traffic
WHY NOT REACTIVE?
- When expected to make blocking calls
* Make sure to ask them in a reactive way.
Don’t block your brains when you’re waiting for an answer.
- Shameless self-promotion:
- More shameless self-promotion:
- Building a reactive RESTful service:
- Live demo code: