Over the past year, Multiplatform Fever has swept the world with the promise of code sharing between iOS and Android codebases. But how does it *really* work? What compromises have to be made by both platforms in order to achieve this goal?
This talk will make a deep comparison of Swift vs. Kotlin, you’d need a deep understanding of both languages
Some topics that would be covered:
* How do Swift consumers interact with Kotlin code (for example, generics)
* What problems does ObjC bring to the table?
* Fundamental differences between Swift and Kotlin today (value types/structures vs data classes, enums with associated values vs sealed classes)
* performance implications (build and runtime)
* current problems + best practices to avoid them
Attendees will leave this talk with a better understanding of what problems still exist, yet feel encouraged to start dabbling in their current codebases.