People are fairly good at short-term design, and usually awful at long-term design". Let's learn how we can promote longevity and independent evolution of your API by decoupling and encapsulation using the engine of application state in REST.
Resources to learn more:
- Solving Fizz Buzz with Hypermedia: http://smizell.com/weblog/2014/solving-fizzbuzz-with-hypermedia
- REST APIs must be hypertext driven - http://roy.gbiv.com/untangled/2008/rest-apis-must-be-hypertext-driven
- Representor in Swift - https://github.com/the-hypermedia-project/representor-swift
- Roy Fielding on Versioning - http://www.infoq.com/articles/roy-fielding-on-versioning
- Polls API - Implementation of a RESTful API - https://github.com/apiaryio/polls-api
- rivr-rest: Python framework for building RESTful APIs - http://github.com/rivrproject/rivr-rest