A short lightning talk about imposter syndrome given at the Triangle DevOps meetup.
Fake It Till You Make It
Overcoming Impostor Syndrome
DevOps-y Stuff @ Red Hat
What is Impostor Syndrome?
The feeling of self-doubt and fraudulence about your own achievements and
credibility despite the fact that, in reality, you’re doing great
● Carve out time to learn something new
● Keep up with interesting blogs/websites
● Go to meetups and conferences
● Don't be afraid to fail
Surround Yourself with Smart People
● Join/participate in communities (Meetup, Slack, Reddit)
● Find a mentor
● Ask for help when you need it
Share Your Knowledge
● Write a blog post
● Update documentation
● Help people in your communities
Take a Deep Breath
Relax! You’ve got this.
Patrick Easters | @patrickeasters