One of the first things to do when working on performance improvements is to start measuring. We cannot improve what we don’t measure, and things that are measured and watched tend to improve over time. The earlier talks in this track discussed which metrics were important to measure. In this talk, we’ll go over how to measure performance, and how to get useful diagnostics out of our tools.
We will cover:
* Tools to measure web performance
* Understanding waterfalls
* Understanding browser diagnostic data
* Measuring RUM data
* How do modern web applications complicate the situation?
* Single Page Applications (SPAs)
* Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP