This is a short presentation I used for the IT Strategy Day 2020 in Istanbul, Turkey. The goal of the presentation was to give a sense of the software development trends to IT leaders.
Some Software Trends to
Consider in Your IT Strategy
Low-Code / No-Code (LCNC)
“By 2024, low-code application development will be responsible for
more than 65% of application development activity” –Gartner
• Rapidly deliver apps that your business needs with the existing
• Break down silos to foster a strong business-IT partnership
• Stay agile to respond quickly to changing business and
• Airtable, the next spreadsheet
• Appy Pie, Workflow automation, mobile app builder
• Salesforce, App Builder and Lightning Components
• Microsoft Power Apps
Progressive Web Apps (PWA)
• Still using hybrid, cross-platform tools to deliver apps to
• Better app reach
• Low cost app maintence.
• 65% of users download 0 apps per month –comScore
• AliExpress increased conversion rates for new users by 104%
Artificial Intelligence and Cybersecurity
• Can there be a future trends deck without AI?
• Think about AI in security and anomaly detection.
• 44% of organizations worldwide using some form of AI to
detect and deter security attacks on their network back in 2018
Big Data Analytics
• Big Data Computation, Spark will dominate.
• Real-Time stream processing.
• Data-Science and Data-Engineering roles will ask for more.
• Amazon Snowflake, Azure Synapse
• Steep learning curve prevents a “fast-follower” approach.
• Good fit for chemistry, biology, healthcare, materials science,
finance and artificial intelligence.
• IT budget spent on outsourcing from 6.3% in 2018 to 8.7% in
• Where did this piece of code come from?
• Code Auditing, Versioning, DevOps, DevSecOps?
• Remote work is here to stay and is not only about digital
• A report by Zapier.com published at the end of 2019 revealed
that about 74% of the workforce would prefer to quit a job for
one that offers remote positions.
• Would just VPN save the day? Device Management, Home
http://daron.me | @daronyondem
Download slides here;