Symfony is a framework broadly recognized for its quality, reliability and ability to drive large enterprise projects. But for the last few years, Symfony has also gained many features to develop faster, and to refactor more easily. Symfony 4 offers major improvements in this area that will deeply change the way we build applications.
Let's talk about:
* Symfony 4 main concepts and new features: micro-framework by default, 12-factor app, new components ...
* Flex, the new and powerful Symfony installer that can also automatically install and configure libraries and bundles
* Symfony 4's new simplified (and "bundle-less") directory structure
* The autowiring (now enabled by default), which allows the automatic injection of dependencies without having to write any configuration (no more YAML and XML)
* The revamped controllers mechanism
* The official integrations of the Doctrine (ORM), API Platform (API) and EasyAdmin libraries (admin generator)
* How to easily use Symfony 4 with Docker from dev to cloud deployment with a dedicated skeleton
You'll learn how to leverage Symfony for large projects, prototypes, small applications and even your "weekend projects", and how to migrate from smallest to the largest.