This talk is focused on a better understanding of Svelte's reactivity. We will do this from an "observer perspective" - by visualizing it first-hand (right in your application)!
There's a bit of a mystery behind some of these concepts. We will delve into some lesser-known detail (that you may have not considered)! The hope is you will come away with more insight, and be better informed on how to use this awesome product!
The session will delve into:
- Visualizing Svelte's reactivity right in your application, through diagnostic probes. This provides a very clear insight on what Svelte is doing (seeing the dynamics all around you "on the fly")!
* both code-snippets (Reactive Statements/Declarations)
* and html-snippets (Interpolation)
- Svelte's Reactive Triggers
* both Dependency Monitoring
* and Staleness Detection (highlighting the difference between primitive and object types)
- Svelte's Re-Render Optimization
* showing the difference between interpolation (executing JS snippets)
* and re-rendering DOM fragments (a heavyweight operation)
This talk is an adaptation of my article on the same topic (found here: https://bit.ly/ResponsiveSvelte)