In this talk, I am going to walk you through the building blocks for creating modern applications on Apple’s platforms using SwiftUI and Firebase.
We will cover the following topics:
- Setting up an architecture for data-driven applications
- What’s new in SwiftUI’s application life cycle
- Syncing data in realtime across multiple devices with Cloud Firestore
- Mapping Firestore documents in a type-safe way using the Codable protocol
- Using Combine to fetch data from remote APIs and Firebase
- How async/await (new in Swift 5.5) will affect the way we write asynchronous code (plus some surprises in Firebase's code base)
Firebase is always evolving, so I will also talk about how we’re making use of Apple’s latest technologies in our own code base, for example
- SwiftUI view modifiers
No matter if you’re a seasoned Firebase user or just wondering what it is all about, you should leave this session with a deeper understanding of what Firebase it and how you can use it your apps on Apple’s platforms.