At Elastic — the company behind the open source tools Elasticsearch, Kibana, Beats, and Logstash — everything is distributed; both the company and all our products. Building distributed systems is notoriously hard ... building a distributed team even more so.
This talk dives into the details how Elastic is thriving on its distributed model:
* How Elastic started to be distributed by design.
* What our shared values are and what we have learned as we progressed and grew to our current size.
* How a day of an Elastician can look like.
* What we are using in terms of tooling.
* How we hire and onboard new employees.