Saat kita mengembangkan suatu aplikasi, prosesnya tidak berakhir pada saat di-deploy saja. Akan tetapi, kita harus terus memantaunya agar aplikasi tersebut dapat berjalan dan beroperasi sesuai yang diharapkan. Ini disebut continuous monitoring.
Penasaran apa saja mekanisme monitoring yang ditawarkan AWS? Simak lebih lengkapnya pada Developer Coaching dengan poin pembahasan seperti berikut:
- Apa itu Monitoring?
- Mengapa monitoring itu penting?
- Pengenalan layanan-layanan monitoring di AWS
- Meniliki praktik monitoring di AWS
Yuk, Pantau Infrastruktur AWS Kamu
Dicoding Developer Coaching #54
Fikri Helmi Setiawan
(Silakan ubah dengan image yang relevan sesuai materi)
● Deploying an app, doesn’t mean the
work is done!
● Having a public-facing app, means
a lot things will happen: increase
traffic, server down, networking
● So, we should know how the
systems are performing for the real
3 Major Categories
Environments the application is
running, such as:
● CPU and Memory utilization.
● Disk Space
● Number of Read/Write I/Os
Help you to detect architectural
bottlenecks and do optimizations.
● How much time those
processes take to
● How many total active
users per hour?
● How much time each user
spends in the platform?
Helpful to find slow queries or
prioritize code refactoring, to
make things run faster and
Focuses on networking, such
● Latency measurements
● Packets per second
● Other networking
aspects of the
Very valuable, especially if
you are developing
applications that concern so
much about latency and
● Want to get insight about your infrastructure?
○ Amazon CloudWatch metric and dashboard
● Want to get notifications if anything happens on your infrastructure?
○ Amazon CloudWatch alarms
● Want to analyze logs from all your systems?
○ Amazon CloudWatch logs
● Want to know any API activity in your AWS account?
○ AWS CloudTrail
● CloudWatch Custom Metric
We can create metrics that are
specific and important to our
application and business need (that
not covers in CloudWatch built-in
metrics), such as User signups, Page
views, Request rates, etc.
● AWS X-Ray
Allows you to see an end-to-end view
of requests as they flow through your
application to get a better idea of what
the customer experience is like.
● VPC Flow Logs
○ The service that allows you to monitor network traffic that in and/or out your
○ VPC Flow Logs will capture information about IP traffic coming into our VPC,
subnets, and any network interface (such as ELB, RDS, EC2, etc).
Monitor and Log NGINX server