Presentation slides of GSoC Phase 1 evaluation of project Simple pull request job plugin.
Project page: https://jenkins.io/projects/gsoc/2018/simple-pull-request-job-plugin/
Simple pull request job Plugin (SPRP)
First Evaluation by: Abhishek Gautam
14 June 2018
● I am a 3rd year Computer Science student from Visvesvaraya National Institute
of Technology, Nagpur, India.
● I am a regular competitive programmer.
● I have done two internships as a Game Programmer as well.
● I am part of ACM Chapter and Google student developer club of my college.
● My interest in automation motivated my participation in the Jenkins GSOC
● Martin d'Anjou
● Kristin Whetstone
● Jeff K
● Oleg Nenashev (Organisation Admin)
1. Configure job for pull requests using a YAML file.
2. Interaction with Bitbucket Server, Bitbucket Cloud, Gitlab and Github.
3. Detect the presence of certain types of the report at conventional location, and
publish them. Users should also able specify the location using the YAML file.
4. Publish build status.
1. Travis YML Plugin: Runs “.travis.yml” as jenkins pipeline job. Does not support
external pull request. Last commit for this plugin was on 14 Nov 2016.
2. CodeShip Plugin: Converts codeship "steps.yaml" and "services.yaml" to
scripted pipeline code. This plugin has never been released.
3. Jenkins pipeline builder: This is a external non-Java-based tool, which cannot
be easily converted to a Jenkins plugin.
1. Build on the top of multibranch pipeline plugin.
a. Interface to show branch and pull requests build
b. Detection of trusted revisions in a repository.
c. Publishing of build status to the repository.
2. Convert the YAML configuration to declarative pipeline.
Design (Specifying scripts to run)
Example: Path provided: “./scripts/hello”
a. On UNIX machine “./scripts/hello.sh” will be called
b. On non-UNIX machine “./scripts/hello.bat” will be called.
What is available now (Coding phase 1 features)
1. User are able to use Jenkinsfile.yaml for build.
2. Git Push step
3. User scripts
4. Agent configuration
5. harvest results and reports.
6. Basic interface to parse and get build specifications from YAML file.
Plans for next coding phase 2
1. Formalise the YAML format to use for Jenkinsfile.yaml
2. Create Step Configurator for SPRP plugin. This will enable users to use
Pipeline steps in Jenkinsfile.yaml.
3. Automatic indentation in Pipeline SnippetGenerator class.
4. Write tests for the plugin.