In this edition of CTO Desk, I covered upon
1. Cloud computing
2. Semantic - HTML5 classes!
3. Graduates - Read & find out what it is!!
4. Top contributors – this week its a one man show & that man is Sathya!!
From the CTO Desk
- August 26 – September 1, 2012
Cool…I want to know more about Cloud..Go on…
Hold on folks! That is it for now J Stay tuned for more interesting
cloud facts in the coming weeks!!
What’s happening when we use the cloud?
When we use the cloud, our computer communicates with the network
of servers. Some of the servers are specialized for storage, while
others use their computing power to run applications.
Have I used the cloud?!
Yes. You do! Today, we do all kind of things in the cloud. For example,
whenever you check your email online, you’re using the cloud J
What is this Cloud Computing?!
The cloud is the internet – in other words, a network of servers
HTML5 – Semantics
Semantics HTML means your markup describes its
content without presenting it!
Content is more organized, search friendly &
Semantics are meant to help browsers understand
how to present your content better, whether it is
being presented on computers, laptops or devices
like Mobiles & Tablets!
Semantics mandates that Elements, attributes &
attribute values are deﬁned to have certain
Semantic markup enhances accessibility,
searchability, internationalization &
On August 2012, bunch of Cogzians ofﬁcially became graduates J
Rewinding & cherishing our Convocation day always bring back
great & sweet college days. It’s a never to miss moment in our life…
Good job folks! But remember, your real professional education has
just began & miles to go!!
This time, Top contributor is a one man show & that man is Sathya!!
It’s not like others didn’t contribute! Sathya has packed volumes of useful
info which has eaten this week’s entire top contributor section J
He extensively covered on System & infra testing involved in Olympics 2012
& we have sprinkled some of the interesting tidbits!!
Keep those contribution coming in folks!! Next week, it could be you!!
Atos Origin ﬁrst became involved in
Olympic IT in 1992 and by the
2004 Olympic Games it was the
It is already planning for the
Olympics in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil,
The security of data is a top
According to supplier Atos Origin,
when it ran the IT at the last
Olympic Games in Beijing, there
were between 12 and 14 million
data security events that needed
to be checked-out every day.
Information about the Olympic -
Canary Wharf testing lab #
• 70 staff at peak # #
• 880 PCs # #
• 130 servers # #
• 110 network switches #
In this Olympics
• Atos handled Application &
• Omega handled Timing & Scoring
• Cisco covered Network
• Samsung facilitated Mobile
• Acer provided computers
• You can FB me @ h8p://www.facebook.com/ksawme
• You can Tweet me @ h8p://twi8er.com/ksawme
• I breath தமிழ் @ h8p://ksaw.me & pracCce English @
• Like Cogzidel at h8ps://www.facebook.com/cogzidel
• You can view previous ediCons of “From the CTO Desk” @
What is expected from YOU?!
Simple…First you have to READ the newsleEer
J & then…
• If you like it, please let me know!
• If you don’t like it, please let me know!
• If you don’t know what to say, please let
Bottom line, you have to let me know J as I
love to hear from you all!!
1. Special thanks to my Project Manager Sudharsan for being the Editor &
unfortunately for reading the 1st raw version of CTO Desk, that too every
2. & kudos to my childhood friend & CEO Anand Nataraj for being the 1st
reader of CTO Desk & repeatedly having the paCence & courage to say
‘IT’S GOOD’ J
Get in touch with me!!