Python is one of the most popular, and the fastest-growing, programming language in 2017. From its scripting roots and rudimentary tooling, it is now used to develop complex and/or business-critical applications that need proper discipline and tooling to scale meeting their quality requirements.
In this talk, aimed at developer with at least some basic knowledge of the Python language, we will review:
- Best / recent tools and practices to deal with dependencies and virtual environments
- Tools and patterns to scale your projects
- Software quality: static code analysis (including optional type annotations, aka PEP 484 and PEP 526), metrics, unit testing…
- Packaging and/or deployment
- Monitoring apps in production