Orchestrator is a MySQL topology manager and a failover solution, used in production on many large MySQL installments. It allows for detecting, querying and refactoring complex replication topologies, and provides reliable failure detection and intelligent recovery and promotion.
This practical tutorial focuses on and demonstrates Orchestrator's failure detection and recovery, and provides real-world examples and cookbooks for handling failovers.
- Brief introduction to Orchestrator
- Brief overview of basic configuration
- Reliable detection
- The complexity of successful failover
- Orchestrator's approach to failover
- Failover meta: anti-flapping, acknowledgments, auditing, downtime, promotion rules
- Master service discovery schemes: VIP, DNS, Proxy, Consul
- Cookbooks and considerations for master service discovery and for failover configuration