You've probably heard about the revolution in web development: Progressive Web Apps. In this talk, Koen will introduce you to the wonderful world of PWAs and what they're all about. In a world of connectedness, the offline-first approach is often neglected.
Leveraging the power of service workers, it is now easier than ever to create awesome near native applications using the technologies you're already acquainted with!
Speaker: While making the web a better place at SiteOptimo, Koen likes playing around with interesting new technologies to see how they can improve both the developer's and user's experience. In his spare time, he fails graciously at trying to balance his various interests and hobbies.
* evolutionoftheweb.com: http://www.evolutionoftheweb.com/
* Jake Archibald: https://jakearchibald.com
* whatwebcando.today: https://whatwebcando.today/
* Offline Cookbook: https://jakearchibald.com/2014/offline-cookbook
* Serviceworke.rs: https://serviceworke.rs
* developers.google.com: https://developers.google.com/web/progressive-web-apps/
* developer.mozilla.org: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/Progressive_web_apps
* jakearchibald.github.io/isserviceworkerready: https://jakearchibald.github.io/isserviceworkerready