ETS is pervasive, yet invisible. With this talk, Evadne shall take the audience on a deep dive into ETS, look at its internals, and ways to leverage it effectively within Elixir apps.
This talk will cover:
• ETS functions
• Forming Match Specifications
• Using ETS for ephemeral/preset data
• Integrating ETS with Ecto (Schemas, Repos)
• Moving beyond ETS
The audience should leave with knowledge on when/where to use ETS, and a few patterns that they can reuse.
• To elicit appreciation of Erlang/OTP subsystems that are usually taken for granted.
• To promote further usage of core Erlang/OTP technologies in the Elixir community, so as to enable better products and services.
• Developers who are curious about how the frameworks work
• Fans of the Actor Model
• People who want to see some actual code running in a demo