This is a joint talk Linda Liukas and I gave at RubyConf Taiwan 2014.
Rails Girls started in Helsinki in 2010 with very humble beginnings. It’s now a community thriving in 180 cities around the world. Ruby and its community has influenced Rails Girls from the start and every step of the way. During our talk we’ll go through a history of Rails Girls, tell various anecdotes, and explore:
* Scaling human connections
* Removing single points of failures
* The difficulty of the first steps
* How launching is easy, but maintenance is a harder
* Managing quality as the community grows
* Software is built by humans
* Friday Hugs!