Python and PostgreSQL, two tools we like to use for our projects but do you know everything about them?
The talk will give an overview of psycopg2, Peewee, SQLAlchemy, Alembic and PL/Python, these libraries can be used with PostgreSQL.
* psycopg2, the well known connector, this basic component is really useful, well documented and battle-tested and used by the most famous toolkits of the Python ecosystem.
* Peewee is a basic but awesome Object Relational Mapper.
* SQLAlchemy, a Python SQL toolkit and Object Relational Mapper, you can use this library to create your models and interact with them.
* Alembic, a lightweight database migration tool for usage with SQLAlchemy, allows to create some migration scripts for your project.
* PL/Python, a procedural language for PostgreSQL, allows to write functions in the Python language.
* MultiCorn, a Foreign Data Wrapper in Python