For Aidan Feldman's Learning Technologies course at ITP, I asked the students:
- How do you learn best?
- Describe a time you learned something new.
From there we look at ways to build technologies that reflect how we learn best--via learning projects and helping each other.
Resources on Creative Learning and Community
- Mitch Resnick, "All I Really Need to Know (About Creative Thinking)
I Learned (By Studying How Children Learn) in Kindergarten" http://web.media.mit.edu/~mres/papers/kindergarten-learning-approach.pdf
- Clay Shirky, "Love, Internet Style" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe1TZaElTAs
- Ana Hevesi, http://enemygatedown.com/
- Alex Hillman, "To build a strong community, stop “community managing”, be a Tummler instead." http://dangerouslyawesome.com/2014/04/community-management-tummling-a-tale-of-two-mindsets/
- Vanessa Gennarelli, "Rethinking Assessment, Supporting Diversity" http://reports.p2pu.org/rethinking-assessment/
- Philipp Schmidt, "The Great Peer Learning Pyramid Scheme" http://dmlcentral.net/blog/philipp-schmidt/great-peer-learning-pyramid-scheme