Video recording: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9HYmlx6JB8
ReactJS is not just yet another framework to be forgotten after few years, it shifts the concepts of modern front-end development giving us the scalability and control we always strived about.
Robert will guide you through key concepts of ReactJS based applications covering all aspects of full stack development and maintenance. This includes component development approach, deep integrated into ReactJS architecture and React Native, which allows to reuse most of UI code, still using the power of Native UI.
ENTERING THE NEW ERA
OF FRONT-END DEVELOPMENT
@operatino & rhr.me
Front-end Development Lead
Robert Haritonov @operatino
for the View in traditional MVC
and for Virtual DOM
React provides a declarative library
that keeps the DOM in sync with
It's all about the ecosystem
• Supports server and cross-platform rendering
• React brings the essence of the functional
programming to UI development
• Leverages composition
• Promotes unidirectional data flow
“Move fast & break things.
But ﬁx it before it goes to prod.”
Talk: Why does React scale?
Why Facebook built React
• Predictable code execution environment
• Individual components holds the state
• Immutable component properties
• Property type checking
• Encapsulation and fast debugging
React makes rendering of UI
as simple as deﬁning a function.
Learn programming not tools.
Why should you care?
And many more...
Because of these beneﬁts
• Integration flexibility
• Ease of maintenance
• Powerful component libraries
• Isomorphic rendering
Before we jump in...
1816 components 2288 components
Polymer from Google
As Easy As Calling a Function
Beneﬁts of Isomorphic Rendering
• Common codebase between FE and BE
• Good SEO
• Progressive enhancement
Gluing All Together
Flux ReactiveX Backbone.JS
“Learn once, write anywhere..”
React Native: Bringing modern web techniques to mobile
• Uses platform native UI
• Execute JS in native app's separate thread
• Allows re-using most of code from web/other platforms
• Instant releases, skipping App Store reviews
• Great developer experience
Native Hot Reload
Redux Time Travel
Living Style Guide
Starting You React Path
• Ofﬁcial React tutorials
@operatino & rhr.me