This keynote was presented at MD+DI Wireless Connectivity in Medical Devices Conference East (WirelessMedDev.com) on November 28, 2012.
* Things that kill and harm human beings today are very different than just 100 years ago
* Health policy and payments are shifting to deal with new realities
* Marketplace and industry challenges for device vendors
* Why wireless connectivity is good business
* Why wireless connectivity is a disruptive innovation
* Wireless is a business enabler but there’s a lot to consider.
* Hardware, sensors, and software are transient businesses but data lives forever. He who owns, integrates, and uses data wins in the end.
* Data from devices is too important and specialized to be left to software vendors, managed service providers, and system integrators.