Presented at 2015 OSEHRA Summit.
* Many enterprise apps are being built these days, most are designed to work as a stand alone system similar to consumer apps
* Healthcare-specific software engineering and integration tools are going to do more harm than good (industry-neutral is better).
* Any enterprise app which acts like a consumer app that doesn’t integrate well into hospital or ambulatory systems and workflows is doomed
* There’s nothing unique about health IT data that justifies complex, expensive, or special technology.
* There’s a lot unique about healthcare workflows that require common technologies to be adapted properly.