A talk about Kotlin and Open Source delivered at Built with Kotlin event organized by Android Community Pakistan in Karachi on 5th January, 2019.
Kotlin for Open Source
- Mobile Developer (Apps & Games)
- Writer (Co-Authored 2 Books)
- Open Source Contributor
- Editor at Android Pub (70,000+ followers) & Flutter Pub (2000+ followers)
Open Source is
What’s The Difference?
What About YOU?
The new kotlin developers
Why Open Source?
● Give something back
● Get to collaborate with smart people
● Great opportunity to learn something new
● Great exposure
● Looks awesome on resume and portfolio
● Doesn’t have to be code
● Provides good internet existence
● Rapid Growth
● Quick Learning Curve
● Fast and Short Language
● Awesome Community
● Open Source Loves Kotlin
● Your Graveyard Projects
○ Better on Github than Laptop
● Reusable Parts of Your Private Projects
○ Modular Architecture Thinking
● Experiments and Demos
○ Showcase and Learning
● Contribute to Other Projects
○ Fixing Issues, Submitting Issues, Update Docs
Sharing = Caring
Join 100+ community of Pakistani android devs at:
Thanks for listening.
https://wajahatkarim.com [email protected]
https://github.com/wajahatkarim3 @WajahatKarim https://medium.com/@wajahatkarim3