Accessibility isn’t just about blindness and screen readers or running through a typical section 508 checklist. There are many other importance facets of accessibility that could be missed. In this session, we’ll discuss in detail what we mean when we say “accessibility” that includes vision, hearing, motor, and cognitive needs. Bermon will break down basic accessibility guidelines, browser support, and how to best raise awareness on your team.
Five Things Audience Members Will Learn:
1. The core principles of accessible design
2. How to recognize when our designs become exclusive instead of inclusive
3. Understand how to gain diverse insights into the decisions you make
4. Apply constraints that benefit the many
5. Activities to help your teams, stakeholders, or clients better understand accessibility