With the releases of Craft 3, Commerce 2 Beta, Craft ID, and the Plugin Store, 2018 has already been a monumental year for Craft CMS, and it’s not over yet! By year’s end we’ll have released Craft 3.1, Commerce 2 GA, Commerce Lite, new Shippo and TaxJar integrations, a web-based Plugin Store, completely new marketing site, and the new Craft Partners network.
State of Craft was presented at Dot All 2018 in Berlin, the official Craft developer conference.
State of Craft
7,200 Craft Slack accounts
6,200 Craft Stack Exchange accounts
90% of questions answered
Usage Over Past Year
34 releases with over 400 improvements and bug ﬁxes since 3.0.0.
New conﬁg settings
• param(['not', 'X', 'Y'])
83% of new Craft projects are running Craft 3.
Planned for 3.1
• disableAdminFunctions conﬁg setting
• Ability to disable site propagation for Structure section entries
• Cross-domain support for Live Preview
• Plugin Store updates
New in Commerce 2
• Rebuilt for Craft 3
• Better performance & extensibility
• Partial refunds
16 Commerce 2 Beta releases with 183 improvements & bug ﬁxes.
E-commerce for regular websites.
Products ✔ ✔
Subscriptions ✔ ✔
Shopping Cart ✔
Taxes & Shipping ✔
Sales & Discounts ✔
Third-Party Plugin Store Revenue
$135,000 paid out to plugin developers.
3 Prefered Hosting Providers
Craft Usage Share
• Membership starts at $240/year.
• Requires a minimum of ﬁve sharable projects.
Badges & Veriﬁcation
• Craft 3.1
• Commerce 2.0 & Commerce Lite
• Shippo & TaxJar integrations
• Web Plugin Store
• New website
• Craft Partners