Appetizer: a Quick Tour
What is Day for Failure?
•Day for Failure is an international Campaign.
•Main event takes place on October, 13th in
•Partners organize events all over the world
during the 2nd week of October (8th-14th)
What’s the goal?
•Our Aim is to change our culture of failure by
•In other words, we make people learn to
accept fear of failure and rethink failure as a
What does celebration mean?
• Sharing failure stories and lessons.
• Also, having fun around failure.
Who are the main organizers?
1. Aalto Entrepreneurship Society(AaltoES) is the largest and most vibrant
entrepreneurship community in Europe, solely run by students and post-
graduates. AaltoES brings together most talented people in Northern
Europe to create startups.
2.Boardman Ltd is the leading network of corporate governance
specialists focusing on the development of good corporate governance
and board work in Finland. Boardman organizes seminars and forums to
develop good corporate governance in Finland.
What happened in the past?
• Day for Failure was started 2 years ago in Finland by Aalto Entrepreneurship
• Until 2011, it was a national campaign with a vision to make Oct, 13th a new
flag-raised day to think about failure.
• In 2011, AaltoES, along with Boardman Tulenkantajat, interviewed 15 well-
known Finnish figures (e.g. Ex-CEO of Nokia, Jorma Ollila) and brought
together a dozen more as supporters of the campaign.
• In 2011, the campaign reached more than 1.2 million people out of 5 million
total population in Finland and received an extensive media coverage from TV
news, newspaper, and radio.
What should I do now?
•There are 5 diﬀerent ways to celebrate Day
for Failure. Do one of them.
•Enjoy other guides (main dish, and etc)