More details: http://dayforfailure.com/
image credits: http://wallbase.cc
Desserts: Additional Tips
I am afraid of failure...
Don’t worry. It’s only natural.
What’s the worst thing?
Can you accept it?
Then, you must go forward.
I need sponsors...
We learned that the following types are most likely to
sponsor our events.
• Big companies which are active in Corporate Philanthropy
• Foundations which support social causes
• Government Organizations & Universities
• Entrepreneurial Community (Incubator, Co-working space, and VCs)
• Individuals who gave talks about failure and have epic failure stories
You can promise following benefits to sponsors
• Logo on Dayforfailure.com (visibility to 5+ million people)
• Opportunity to speak for 5 minutes during the event
• Opportunity to distribute promotional hand-outs.
• Event photos with their logos they can use later.
I want volunteers...
• Ask on your Facebook and Twitter.
• Use local networks. (Friends & Coworkers)
• Find university Students who are
interested in social issues and non profit
• Print out posters from our website and
post them to Universities & Public Spaces.
• Of course, try your best friends.
Have I missed anything?
• Invest 20 minutes to read Guides again.
• Basically, if you have participants and space,
you can organize events. Check that first.
• Make sure you followed us on Facebook and
Twitter. There will be updates.
• Remember to take more than 10 photos
during the event and write a short report on
Hey, I still don’t get how this is done.
Before the event
• Contact us and say that you want to organize an event in your local area.
• Decide Dates and Venue.
• Decide on the size of an event (50+ or 30-) and what components you would add to the
event (speaker, games, post-secrets and etc).
• (If needed) Reach out for team mates.
• Create a Facebook event page for it and invite friends.
• Start marketing with materials on our website.
• (If needed) search for sponsors.
• Write a pre-event story and share it with press. (example on Press page)
During the event
• Ask participants for the email and tell them you will send a final report.
• Tweet and Take photos
A!er the event
• Ask participants how they experienced the event and ask for feedback.
• Send photos and a report to [email protected]
I still have many questions.
Just send an email to
for any questions or feedback.
If you’ve never failed,
you haven’t tried anything new.
So Let’s keep trying!