Flutter Meetup Tokyo #8"でのLT資料です。
Optimize Flutter Workﬂow on
Hiroki Matsue (@macs_6)
Mar 26th, 2019
Flutter Meetup Tokyo #8
This talk is about
CI steps time reduction
Who know this
Faster CI makes devs
Reulst on my project
Timeout => 9 minutes
Just few minutes, but Free plan is not so bad ¯\(π)/¯
Flutter CI steps
1. Install Flutter
2. Execute "ﬂutter analyze"
3. Execute "ﬂutter test"
4. Execute "ﬂutter build" (Android and iOS both)
(Each results were measured with
my personal project)
Try "Flutter Install"
TL;DR: Just wait new Hybrid stack
What if we cache Flutter?
• ﬂutter installation: 137sec 㱺 2sec (-135sec)
• cache-pull: 11sec 㱺 27sec (+16sec)
• cache-push: 92sec 㱺 209sec (+117sec)
Only remote storage was changed, no time reduction
Try "ﬂutter build"
TL;DR: Cache following items
Pods caching result
• ﬂutter build ios: 172sec 㱺 99sec (-73sec)
• cache-pull: 9sec => 11sec (+2sec)
• cache-push: 58sec 㱺 72sec (+14sec)
DerivedData caching result
• ﬂutter build ios: 140sec 㱺 54sec (-86sec)
• cache-pull: 15sec => 15sec (+0sec)
• cache-push: 85sec 㱺 141sec (+56sec)
Non effective items on my project
cache-push tooks too long time for .gradle on my project.
• "60% faster builds: force Xcode to use caching on Bitrise!"
• "Cache Gradle dependencies on Bitrise" https://
Faster "ﬂutter analyze" and
Sorry, I have no idea now ¯\(π)/¯
• Put dependencies to the repo
• Use build scheduling for long workﬂows
• Pay for Bitrise
• Concurrent build for ios and apk
Caching following items, and using new Flutter Hybrid stacks
will be efﬁcient.