This deck was presented at the 4th Annual Medical Device Connectivity Conference (MDCC4) where Shahid Shah, CEO of Netspective Communications, described how creating a data-centric Backend-as-a-Service (BaaS) is good business and can generate new revenue for medical device vendors.
* Marketplace and industry challenges for device vendors
* Why connectivity is good business
* Why connectivity is a disruptive innovation
* What is a “Back-end as a Service” (BaaS)?
* There’s nothing special about health IT data that justifies complex, expensive, or special technology.
* Hardware, sensors, and software are transient businesses but data lives forever. He who owns, integrates, and uses data wins in the end.
* Data from devices is too important and specialized to be left to software vendors, managed service providers, and system integrators.
* Implement a data-centric hardware and BaaS technology strategy