This presentation was given as part of the Rock Creek, General Assembly, Chief, and exploreUX event. The event was followed by a panel discussion. Description is below.
Considering a career as a User Experience Designer? Curious about what a day-to-day job looks like in UX? Looking to hire and want to know what to look for in an entry-level employee? Join General Assembly and Rock Creek Strategic Marketing's user experience design team for a presentation and panel discussion to learn how Rock Creek practices UX in D.C. Learn about getting started in the field and about the day-to-day demands of User Experience, as well as where it’s headed.
During the upcoming session you will:
• Discover best practices of top-notch UX Designers in their everyday work
• Talk with a panel of experts, hear about their professional experience
• See what it's like to work at a digital agency
• Explore different options for branching into UX Design
• Discuss how UX Designers are found and hired
• Andrew Wachholz, UX Practice Lead, Rock Creek
• Mackenzie Black, UX Strategist, Rock Creek
• Michelle Chin, Senior UX Strategist, Rock Creek, founder of exploreUX
• Faz Besharatian, Design Consultant, General Assembly Instructor
• Moderator: JoJo Spiker, Creative Director, Rock Creek